Gunia Project is a brand of exceptional things produced on the basis of traditional ethnic cultures. Each collection is a unique combination of design thinking, deep ethnographic research and artistic approach towards craftsmanship.
The brand employs folk crafts and gives heed to the slightest details of traditional culture to create designer artisanal pieces perfectly fit for the needs of everyday life.
Gunia Project’s collection includes garments, accessories and home decor:
- Shaggy woven wool coats named gunias, originally worn by Hutsuls in the Carpathian Mountains
- Silk, wool and cambric headscarves
- Artisanal hot-blown glass vases, candle holders
- Gilded silver jewellery inspired by Kievan Rus
- Hand painted ceramics
- Pleated baskets with traditional belt called "zapaska"